I’ve been quiet for a bit, cleaning house and getting my priorities straight.
It’s September 6, and here’s where I’m at:
- I’m in a new draft of the novel and feeling confident. It took me a long time to find my voice for this piece, and I like where it’s going.
- My fantastic writing group has given feedback on a number of short stories that were just gathering dust, so I can polish those and start submitting them.
- I have another short story in the works, a horror story (with the terrible working title of Man’s Best Friend; I’ll think of something better, I promise) that is a bit experimental for me.
- I’ve been editing playsets for story RPG Home By Dark as they come in, and it’s a total blast.
- My narrative design contract at ArenaNet is up at the end of October, so I’m throwing out the line for new opportunities.
- Related: I’m taking online classes for screenwriting and technical writing.
- My website needs some TLC, so that’s on my plate.
- S by J.J. Abrams and Doug Dorst
- House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielweski
- John Dies at the End by David Wong
- Haunted Nights by Ellen Datlow and Lisa Morton (ARC) (4 stars)
- Mapping the Interior by Stephen Graham Jones (4 stars)
- The Winter People by Jennifer McMahon (5 stars)
- Annihilation by Jeff VanderMeer (4.5 stars)